"Accenture has set a net zero target for 2025, which builds on a previous target of an 11% reduction in emissions below 2016 levels across all disclosed emissions. Net Zero Tracker The remaining 89% will be offset with nature-based offset credits. Net Zero Tracker The company's target covers carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases, and includes scope 1 and 2 emissions. Net Zero Tracker An interesting fact about Accenture's environmental policy is that it includes measures to power offices with 100% renewable electricity by 2023. Net Zero Tracker The company also plans to invest in nature-based carbon removal, with all …"
Carbon emissions are estimated according to comparable years, intensity and sector
Performance vs. Target
Note: Targets without baseline are ignored. In case several targets
exist, only the shorter-term target is
Value Chain (scope 3) Emissions by Category
Emissions Trajectory (Full Scopes)
Please refer to the library for viewing the supporting documentation
Note: Latest GHG and revenue data (based on tradingview.com) are used to calculate GHG
emissions intensity by sector. The color scale of each bubble depends on the GHG intensity (GHG emissions per 1
million USD revenue).
Sectors follow the Global Industry Classification Standard (GICS) that organize companies based on their primary
business activities. The 11 sectors are : Information Technology, Health Care, Financials, Consumer
Discretionary, Communication Services, Industrials, Consumer Staples, Energy, Utilities, Real Estate, and
Accenture belongs to the sector Information Technology.
Accenture is a member of the Business Ambition for 1.5 campaign (link here )
Accenture commits to reduce absolute scope 1 and 2 GHG emissions 80% by FY2030 from a FY2019 base year. Accenture also commits to reduce scope 3 GHG emissions 55% per unit of revenue within the same timeframe.
Separate targets for emission reductions and removals
Conditions on use of offset credits
Plans for carbon dioxide removal (CDR)
Additional notes: Accenture plans to invest in nature-based carbon removal, the majority of which will be will be proprietary to Accenture. All credits will be registered under the SD VISta standard. (Source: https://www.accenture.com/gr-en/about/responsible-business/nature-based-carbon-removal)
At least 2 years of GHG emissions for scope 1 and 2 are publicly-available and externally-verified
Scope 3 emissions are fully reported and externally-verified
CDP score demonstrates the level of transparent disclosures
Net Zero Commitments by 2050 include an intermediate target and cover all the emissions
Net Zero targets demonstrate a high-level of emergency
Emission reduction targets on a forward-looking basis are ambitious